Re: [OM] OM1n and 2-4 screen

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1n and 2-4 screen
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 15:41:06 +0100
Ulf Westerberg wrote:

> Now for the most confusing part of this story: My readings have gone
> berserk.

I´ve experiend the same, a very big devation at 200mm. I mentened this
in an older mail to the group.

> It seems that somewhere around 200mm the 1 stop difference previously
> measured now is gone at focal lenghts of 300mm and up a 2 stop difference
> THE OTHER WAY is encountered.

I guess it´s at what angle the light rays hit the screen. More evenly
distributed or concentrated. The series 2 difuse the light less than the
old ones.

> Seriously, have any others on this list encountered this? Is my OM1n one of
> a few with built in resistor to new screens? Any suggestions, please.
>
> The 1-13 screen is now back on the OM1n.

I could measure an devation even with an series 1 screen, but at a much
smaller amount.

You will notice, that there is no influence of which (super) wide angle
you use. I guess this is due to the retrofocus construction.

Regards

Richard