Re: [OM] Re: Syquest Sparq

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Syquest Sparq
From: Scj9000@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 15:42:21 EST
In a message dated 12/1/98 3:31:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, omtech@xxxxxxxxx
writes:
<< Yes, that's the kind of endorsement I was hoping to hear. >>

John, I'm no equipment guru (but am brave or stupid, take your pick) and have
installed both a Maxtor and a Western. I liked the instruction manual better
with the Maxtor...but other than that, they are both fine. neither have ever
given me a moments trouble....Please be aware that, if you wish to keep your
old drive, you are better off getting the second of the same brand so that
they will not conflict.  It is much easier to team up two drives of the same
make.

The reason the SparQ's intrigued me was that you could get away from EVER
having to add another fixed drive.....hence no conflicts with other hard
drives. etc. I'm hopeful they will reorganize or sell out to another.  I have
loved both my SparQ's since last Christmas and have loaded up on 10 discs so i
should be set for quite a while.
Susan Steele