Re: [OM] Garage sailing 11/28/98

Subject: Re: [OM] Garage sailing 11/28/98
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01 Dec 1998 07:29:17 +1000
*- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net
and spake thusly:

>   IMO, Chris did just fine. God knows I've had a lot of dud saturdays.:)
> That 85mm might be worth a Spotmatic body if you can't find an adapter.
> I'd try sending e-mail to some of Shutterbug's bigger advertisers of used
> stuff.

Thanks, Doris.

I did consider maybe finding a body for this lens... goodness knows
what a downward slide *that* would start... :-)

I can already hear the call of that screwmount 400/4 I saw a while
ago...

I'm kind of lucky here---several pawnshops I frequent have a LOT of
camera gear and remarkably slow turnover.   There's been items I
*want* (but don't *need*) that have sat behind glass and tormented me
for over a year now (like that pair of Mamiya TLRs, that 100 Zuiko,
that Winder II).   Screwmount gear seems to be quite plentiful in these
places (probably because nobody wants it), and it attracts me becuse
it's the only way I'm going to be able to afford real big glass (and
I'm sufficiently retrogrouch that lack of auto-diapragm doesn't scare
me (my Goddess, I'm going to be OLD next week (as my wife gleefully
informs me)).

May your threads drift far and wide,
                                        Chris.

--
| Christopher J.  Biggs | EMAIL: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (PGP and MIME OK)  |
| R&D Software Engineer | PHONE: +61 7 3270-4266  FAX: +61 7 3270-4245   |