Re: [OM] Spin

Subject: Re: [OM] Spin
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 12:23:24 +0100
sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> anyone here heard of P.J.Harvey?  Polly is a feisty and creative British
> singer, quite a memorable young woman.

Yes, and her singing is... hmm, I would call it "special", not the
"Madona" type stuff.

> I know of a poster of her standing,
> looking dangerous... and round her neck is a chrome OM1.

It´s on the CD "4-track demos". To me, it´s an OM-2, I can see the ruber
around the ASA knob.

> Cooler than the
> ice in your bucket is our Polly, and she wouldn't be content with a mere
> auto-brain-out thing.  Yeah!

An amorph plastic wonderbrick would definitly look uncool.
To give you an impression of the cover:

It´s an cross processed image. P.J., long black hair, dark sun glasses,
very red lips, is standing in an black hand knit bikini in an hotel
room. On her shoulder the chrome OM-2.

To the rough, handmade, impression the songs give, the cover fits.
Crass, contrasty colors and an less stylish ambiente.

Speaking of cool... I got one of this tiny flash thread covers. Screwed it
onto my black OM-1...
My god, this camera is mean looking. Black, low profile like an old Jag
limo.

Regards

Richard