Re: [OM] T32 washout, & 28-80mm F2.8 Zuiko??

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 washout, & 28-80mm F2.8 Zuiko??
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 10:12:02 EST

<< Q1) T32 Flash
 I seem to find my T32 flash on my OM-4Ti to wash out facial features.
 This is taking with 50mm F4 anywhere from 5 ft to 15 ft away from the
 subject.>>
This type of overexposure happens when I use macro flash. The metering cell
reads the whole scene but because the background is farther away the camera
tends to use this to set the exposure. The solitary object in the foreground
then gets blasted with light. This is the reason that some of us would have
liked to have spot flash metering so that the metering area is very narrow.
You can go entirely manual or you can just compensate one or two stops on the
exposure compensation dial.  Make sure all of your flash contacts are clean
and you aren't dumping your entire flash output.

 <<Q2) Opinions on 28-80mm F2.8 constant Zuiko Zoom
 Anyone has this?? What's your opinion?? I'm considering using this to
 "replace" my 28mm F2.8 and 50mm F1.4 for convenience.>>
Don't sell your 28mm yet because the Zuiko only goes from 35 to 80.  By all
reports it is a fantastically sharp and contrasty lens. I believe some of our
group members have this.  Look in the archives for user reports.

Warren Kato