Re: [OM] ISO extension tubes

Subject: Re: [OM] ISO extension tubes
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 07:26:31 -0500
>How much do the auto tubes go for? And where can I find them (anyone
>here maybe?) ?

If you insist on having original Olympus extension tubes (I'm talking
about the fixed size tubes, not the vari-tube), be prepared to pay...
too much. Tip: look for off-brand tubes, like Panagor. Got two of
these, different sizes, for only Hfl. 25 (12.5 US$). Remember they
don't have lens elements, so quality is equal.

>Also, are they only supposed to be used with the macro lenses?

No, you can use them with any lens, but since you loose 1 to 2+ stops,
and you get better results when stopping down two additional stops,
fast lenses are more practical in the field.

Hans