[OM] varimagni finder

Subject: [OM] varimagni finder
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 20:45:14 -0800
>From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
>
>         Finally got my hands on a OM Varimagni finder...
>      ...Any other tidbits of
>      wisdom anyone can share about the use of this item?

One thing I don't like about it is the lack of calibration marks or a lock
for the diopter adjustment. It seems every time I get it out it's out of
focus from accidental twisting. This is frustrating when you don't realize
it, and think you're going blind, or there's something wrong with the
bellows or lens!

I scratched a pair of lines in mine (sacrelige!) and labeled them "L" and
"R". (My eyes are about 1/4 diopter different.) Now I pop it out, set it to
the eye I'm going to use, and concentrate on focusing with the lens instead
of screwing around with the diopter adjustment.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229