Re: [OM] Spot measuring with OM2S

Subject: Re: [OM] Spot measuring with OM2S
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 18:17:39 EST

<< Thanks Mark, I think I get the picture now. Maybe one can see the spot
metering of OM-2S/P and OM2000 as a kind of "poor mans version" (albeit a
usable one) of the multi-spot metering of the more expensive OM-3 and OM-4?

You can even duplicate the highlight and shadow spot metering with the OM2S by
setting the exposure compensation to 2 stops overexposure or 2 stops
underexposure and just spotmetering on the highlight or shadow. (Note the OM4
dials in 2 2/3 stops underexposure for shadow spot metering but the OM2S only
has 2 stops of control.)  There is no multispot metering and you have to
remember that you have the exposure compensation on when you go to
autoexposure or program.

Warren Kato