Re: [OM] Breathless

Subject: Re: [OM] Breathless
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 20:56:16 -0800
Oh the siren song of speed.  As others have already mentioned, a brighter
finder screen does wonders with slower lenses.  Keep track of how often you
actually shoot wide open, compared to partly stopped down, say /f5.6 or f/8.
I find I'm rarely more open than f/4.  In comparing lens performance test
numbers, the high speed version of a given focal length tends to display
more aberrations wide open as compared to its slower cousin until about f/8,
then things get pretty equal.  However, there are many situations where
there is no substitute for lens speed.  If you find yourself in those
conditions often, then stand before the mirror, look yourself squarely in
the eye and say aloud "My name is "________", and I'm a Zuikoholic" and kiss
the budget goodbye!
John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".

The Searcher <hopi@xxxxxxxxxx> lamented: