Re: [OM] chat with Olympus person

Subject: Re: [OM] chat with Olympus person
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:53:03 -0500
My experience with Olympus is that the opinion they stand by (regarding the OM
system) is first, just PR, or  it is based on  what they have been able to
decipher
from their managers who may not have the complete picture , because Tokyo gives
them info based on a need to know basis.
I worked with Pat MacFarlane & Vince Marino (Pat once a technician., then a
Camera
technical expert, now in the  Digital department. Vince, a Camera technical
expert). and they know all about the "trickle down" effect and the
dissemination of
information
Any input Olympus America employess might have going the other way, towards
Tokyo,
is possibly falling on deaf ears.
Regarding the OM-2000,  OA was maybe caught offgaurd when Olympus Tokyo
announced
it as a new product on the internet.

John