[OM] Pentaprism Foam (was OM-1 Wiring)

Subject: [OM] Pentaprism Foam (was OM-1 Wiring)
From: brookswf@xxxxxxxx (BILL F BROOKS)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 22:48:38 -0600
Jay Maynard wrote:

> I got industrious this evening and removed the foan between the hot
shoe
> bracket and pentaprism on my OM-1.

OK I give, how much of a major pain is it to get @ that particular piece
of offensive foam?  It was barely tedious to de-foam/re-foam the back
plate, and while I'm loathe to ruin my freshly aquired OM-1, the last few
threads I saw on foam said the silent killer of pentaprisms is that piece
of foam...I can be rather meticulous if I want to be, and if the rewards
are great enough (a pentaprism that will never die! ...unless I drop it
>;(  )
I  would be greatly tempted to try this @ home.

I *can* solder, so if  I have the same trouble as Jay had perhaps I could
fix that, however, I don't have a spare pentaprism just laying about
unless an OM-10's would work, and even then I'd be reluctant to kill the
-10 to save a -1 (the -10's been a much misaligned camera IMMHO, "it's
not sleek and it's not fast but it gets me goin' where I want to go...")

Lars, it sounds like you just "popped off the top" of your -1, you made
it sound easy (well at least not impossible) How do ya do it?

Bill >; )