[OM] My First Camera Show - Houten NL

Subject: [OM] My First Camera Show - Houten NL
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 18:59:29 +0100
Dear All

What wonderful places these shows are!  Houten, near Utrecht was a treasure
house of loads of gear at quite reasonable prices.  I saw my first ever
35-105 and what a delightful little zoom it is - much smaller than I have
always imagined.  There were 2 100-200 zooms; in fact I met List member
William W while looking at the same lens.  William also asked the price of
4 250 magazines - which is how I realised that he was a List member.

I found a chap who had 4 TTL connector 4s so I bought one for Hfl25 just in
case my own goes crook.

I decided to sell my 28/2 and buy an 85/2 and 28/2.8.  The 2 latter lenses
cost me Hfl600 (about GBP200) and both are in excellent condition from what
I can see with nice blue/green highlights - don't care if they are MC/SC,
they work beautifully.  The 28/2 I have had an offer of GBP200 for from a
shop in London.  It is a lovely lens, but I need smaller lenses.  If anyone
wants it, give me a dig in the email ribs before Tues am and we can talk -
email directly to mailto:cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx please.

I am also considering selling my 35-70/3.5~4.5 so that I can buy a BGII
from another List member; any takers at GBP70?

Hope this was not to much of a boring ramble.

Chris