[OM] self-discharge of M.15V back

Subject: [OM] self-discharge of M.15V back
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 19:26:26 -0800
I've owned two of these, and both have gone bad in the same way -- a
full charge will power many rolls of film, but the pack rapidly
self-discharges.

I'm not going to explain the technicalities, but putting 10 or more NiCd
cells in series is _not_ a good way to assemble a battery pack. The
result is that it is very easy to damage one or more cells, even in
"normal" use. (The fact that Olympus uses a quick-charge system probably
doesn't help, either.)

I recently had NiMH cells put in my M.15V. Since NiMH cells have no
memory (as far as I know), there is no excuse for not _briefly_ charging
the pack after each use.