Re: [OM] OM-10 fix up tips

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-10 fix up tips
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 13:16:58 -0500
Olympus switched to plastic 3 screw bottom  covers early in production. Later
came Type II OM-10s (above serial number 2,000,000) which has a modular metal
shafted shutter mechanism. The curtain shafts in the original 10 are some kinda
high tech plastic.  This is one reason the 10 is made so the motor drive will
not function on it.  Doing so would melt the shutter shafts (we tried it).
These improvements were all put into the OM-G, though the OM-10 was not
discontinued when the G came out.

John