RE: [OM] OM-10 fix up tips

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-10 fix up tips
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 07:22:59 -0800
> Shawn,
>
> > It appears there are many changes on the OM-10 between these two
> > models, with the newer one appearing better in all cases except one: the
> > bottom plate is plastic; the old one is metal.
> > The newer OM-10 also has a noticeably larger mirror.
> >

>       What are the serial numbers of these 2, I didn't realise there were
> any significant changes made in the OM-10.  I would like to check mine out
> to see where it fits.

The older one is # 3528xx
(metal bottom plate with 2 screws)
The newer one is #24969xx (bought new in 1985)
(plastic bottom plate with 3rd screw near tripod mount)

I think John H. said that some changes occurred at either 1,000,000 or
2,000,000.

I have not yet compared the two after removing bottom plates, but I will post
any differences I find.

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright