[OM] See you later.....

Subject: [OM] See you later.....
From: "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 30 Oct 98 14:33:52 +1100
I have temporarily unsubscribed from the list for the next month.  Next week
I am getting married and will then be away on a three week trip to thailand.
 I expect to be giving the OM's quite a bit of a thrashing during this
period.   Some of the time will be spent rafting down rivers.   So I will
probably be giving a narrative of my attempts to flush the river water out
of a dunked OM1 when I get back.  Luckily they are insured for their current
replacement value. ( I have a longing for a NEW 3ti!!!!!)

I will also be spending a few days on elephant back trekking through  the
jungle.   I wonder what sort of damage an OM could do to the elephant???

On this trip I will be taking
        Lowepro Orion AW bag
        OM 1n
        OM 2n
        28 f2.8
        50 1.4
        100 2.8
        200 f4
        Extension tubes
        bean bag.

I decided against a tripod as this will be too much of a pain in the neck to
carry, and getting my new wife to carry it my start things off on the wrong
foot ;-)  better wait a few years to train her up a bit first ( Just Joking
;-)))) )
I have not quite decided on the choice between the OM2 and a second OM1.   I
know the 1's are a lot more reliable, and I definitely need two bodies,  (BW
and SLIDE)  but will the 2n be a useful addition.

Any ideas on jungle proofing the cameras?

So I will see you later...

Stuart.