[OM] Bounce Grip 2 Problem

Subject: [OM] Bounce Grip 2 Problem
From: Ralph Nitschke <Ralph_Nitschke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 10:27:37 -0800
Greetings All,

My BG2 exhibited a new behaviour on the weekend and doubled as a
portable heater :>(

A quick bit of history.  On Saturday I went to take some pictures
of my son in his Halloween costume using an OM4Ti with a winder
2, BG2 and a T32.  I've had the T32 (w/o batteries) attached to
the BG2 (w/batteries) for about a month now and used it
successfully for a few occasions.

When I connected the set-up on Saturday I noticed a faint acrid
smell, but ignored it when I couldn't locate the source.  The
first picture went as normal, but during the second shot - the
shutter stayed open considerably longer and nothing worked after
that.  We were just leaving to do our trick-or-treating, so I
took the system apart - but as usual, left the T32 attached to
the BG2.  When I returned (after about an hour) the BG2 was
piping hot and the batteries in the 4Ti were dead.

I threw some spare batteries in the 4Ti and in the T32 - and that
combo with the winder worked fine.  When I attached the BG2 (now
w/o batteries) to the set-up and left the T32 on the camera
everything still worked (firing the camera from the BG2).  But as
soon as I attached the T32 to the BG2 (with only batteries in the
flash) and fired a shot the same thing happened (shutter staying
open for too long).  I quickly detached everything and nothing
was damaged.

Sorry for the lengthy story - but I'm at a loss as to what the
problem could be.  Has anyone ever experienced this before?  Is
the unit something I can easily take apart and repair?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ralph