[OM] dropped lens: advice wanted

Subject: [OM] dropped lens: advice wanted
From: "Yvan Lindekens" <yvan.lindekens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 10:41:56 +0100
Hi all,

Sorry for my bad English: I'm not a native speaker...

Some time ago I dropped my Zuiko 50 mm, f 1.4 lens, stupid, I know....

There are no lenses broken, but there is some mechanical damage:

* the irisdiaphragm doesn't go spontaniously to the "wide open setting"
when closed manually

* the distance setting ring acts a bit "rough"

* a little metal ring on the back side of the lens is badly deformed...

My photography dealer said, that repairing the lens would be of little use,
as "this lens is very badly damaged, when repaired you will only have the
quality of a regular 50mm, f 1.8 lens or so. Repairing will also be very
expensive. Perhaps it's better to leave alone and buy a new 50 mm, f 1.8
lens...".

What do you experts think?

Thanks in advance,

Yvan Lindekens, Belgium.