RE: [OM] OM focusing screens (was: Lens Hoods+Sigma disaster)

Subject: RE: [OM] OM focusing screens (was: Lens Hoods+Sigma disaster)
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 13:25:45 +0100
-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: PCACala@xxxxxxx <PCACala@xxxxxxx>
Till: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: den 31 oktober 1998 17:29
Ämne: Re: [OM] Lens Hoods+Sigma disaster

>Hi Per:
>
>> Several tourists that he met on those trips commented that this combo, the
>OM-
>> 2SP and the Sigma 600 mirror lens gave a better view than most of the
>> binocluars that they used themselves!
>
>I tried this lens out last week.  Sure seems like a great price/performance
>item.  I was surprised that I could actually focus it using a 1 series screen
>in an OM-2n.  The 4x6" prints were all that one would want in sharpness and
>contrast.
>
>Gary Reese
>Las Vegas, NV

Hi Gary,
I had the 1-4 screen fitted during these Kenya trips and it usually worked just
fine. Now I have a 2-13 screen and it seems to work even better. I´ve read at
Lees site about focusing screens that there is a 1-4N screen as well which has
a finer matte and is brighter than the 1-4 screen. I wonder if it is as bright
as the #2 series screens? When was this 1-4N screen released? Anyone on the
list who use it?

Per Nordenberg