[OM] Firing an OM from a PC

Subject: [OM] Firing an OM from a PC
From: Wayne Harridge <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:19:49 +1100
Dear All,

This topic is probably a bit off topic for this list, but I'm sure someone
on it has the answer for me.  Thinking about the Olympus intervalometer led
me to the idea of firing an OM from a PC (Personal Computer).  This has the
advantage of being more "programmable" in the sense that I could (for
example only) fire a frame at certain predetermined times during the day
rather than at a fixed interval.

I guess what I am after really is some sort of interface which would give a
contact closure under program control.  I would envisage that there is such
a device which I could plug in to the PC parallel port (would make it usable
on a laptop).

Does anyone know of such a device or have any possible references to
companies which may manufacture something like this ?

TIA,

...Wayne