Re:[OM] Olympus MO Drive

Subject: Re:[OM] Olympus MO Drive
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 13:35:16 -0500
The following URL gives you a review written in PC Magazine, I think.  The
review deals with both the SYS.230 and PowerMO 2600.  Obviously the street
prices have dropped since then.  I bought my external SYS.230 SCSI for $334 by
mail order.

http://home.zdnet.com/products/content/pcmg/1609/pcmg0102.html

I searched on the Olympus Japan and Olympus America sites for the PowerMO 2600
info, but could not find it.  I vaguely recall seeing a larger Olympus MO drive
listed in one of the Japanese computer stores on the Internet.  The PowerMO 2600
is obviously not aimed at the average consumer now, but in a year or sooner more
people need a removable drive with a larger capacity.

Either you use your film camera (OM or otherwise) and convert the processed film
scanned or use a digital camera, you end up with a huge amount of bytes.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/