Re: [OM] 4T, 4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] 4T, 4Ti
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 08:12:04 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 27 Oct 1998 21:26, "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>So there you have it.  At least in the USA, the "i" is owned by
>>my employer, Intel.  Look inside any Intel documentation and you'll
>>see the claim.  Maybe Olympus dropped the "i" from the OM-4T in
>>the US market for fear of infringing on the Intel trademark.  :-)
>> -Dan (not speaking for Intel)

>For shame.  BMW must pay a fortune to Intel for use of the "i" in their car
>names such as the 535i.

Many years ago, Sun Micro made a workstation using the Intel 80386
processor, and they called it the "386i".  We all thought it was
very BMW-liked, but we were sure BMW will never make an engine that
large for the 3-series.  :-)  In the case of the 386i, I am sure
Intel granted them the license to use the "i" because it did
identify an Intel product.  :-)
        -Dan (still not speaking for Intel)