Re: [OM] Oly dealers in Boston

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly dealers in Boston
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:20:33 -0500
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 14:52:20 GMT you write:
>I'll be visiting Boston next week to present a couple of papers at the
>Photonics East conference. Since used Oly equipment is pretty thin on the
>ground here in Portugal I thought it would be a good opportunity to visit
>some Oly equipment dealers in the city. Any recommendations as to which
>dealers I should try would be greatly appreciated!

The place with probably the most stuff (although they are probably
depleted after the recent camera show) is:

Hunt Photo-Video
100 Main Street
Melrose, MA
(Just north of Boston)
Ph. 781-662-8822

Other places:
Bromfield Camera
10 Bromfield St.
Boston, MA
Ph. 617-426-5230

International Camera
4 Bromfield St. (right beside Bromfield Camera)
Boston, MA
Ph. 617-423-2968

NOTE:  I bought a used OM-2n black from International in March, found a
problem with it, and returned it to them for repair.  They fiddled
around for *months* until I finally got a refund in September.  Make
sure you check things out very thoroughly.

Also, I find International and Bromfield's prices to be a little high.
Hunt's is much more resonable.

Cheers,
--Lee