Re: Re: [OM] To John H. / Champagne

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] To John H. / Champagne
From: MorrisMini@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 08:40:41 EST
Just a thought on this champagne color--could it be electroless nickel
plating?  It's very tough stuff (I used it extensively on suspension parts of
my street rod Mini) that outlasts chrome by huge margins in salt spray booth
testing, etc., but doesn't cause hydrogen embrittlement.  It's really great
for small parts.  It takes on the surface texture of whatever its applied to
(buffed parts come out shiny, bead blasted parts are matt) and is used for
dimensional work because it goes on so evenly.  The color is a silvery-gold,
what I would call "champagne".  Eh?

<<Nope, my champagne 4T definitely has paint, or what's left of it that is. I
wish
they had used a clear coat of some sort - the bare titanium looks much
better than the paint used.>>