[OM] About the OM2n... RETRACTION AND APOLOGY

Subject: [OM] About the OM2n... RETRACTION AND APOLOGY
From: "Jim Terazawa" <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:48:24 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jim Terazawa)
For those who has been after this thread please disregard comments I
made at the bottom -  I was wrong.  I should have checked with my -2n,
my manual (0379 date code), and my memory bank before sending the
mail.  I apologize.

JimT

Here is the correction and quotes from the OM-2 Instructios at Glance
and Instruction manuals:

1. The OM-2n will not function without battery power.  If you release
   the shutter without batteries or with batteries that are dead, the
   mirror locks and the field of view through the viewfinder darkens
   (indicating that no batteires are loaded or that the batteries are
   dead).  To unlock th mirror load fresh batteries and move the selector
   lever to the CHECK-RESET position.

2. NOTE from page 13 of the Instructions manual:
   If you release the shutter with the selector lever at OFF in normal
   lighting condition, the built-in exposure control is automatically
   activated to take a properly-exposed picture, so as not miss optimum
   exposure chance, at any moment.  The difference between the auotmatic
   exposures in the OFF position and the AUTO position, howver, is that
   the OFF mode exposure stops in 1/30 sec, maximum to save battery
   exhaustion.