Re: [OM] About the OM2n...

Subject: Re: [OM] About the OM2n...
From: e3ujxj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Joe X. Jackson)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 12:17:43 -1045816 (EDT)

> When the switch lever is at OFF position the shutter speed defaults to
> 60th second.  This means the -2n can operate in complete manual mode
> without batteries.

> > I have just one question:  The shutter obviously doesn't fire without
> > batteries, and there's no mechanical 60th like the 4Ti, but the shutter does
> > appear to fire with the camera in the 'off' position... am I right, and if
> > so, at what speed?

that may have been true of some early om-2 (but i don't even know this for
sure), but i don't believe that the om-2n can operate at all without
batteries. with the switch "off", it just does standard auto otf metering
at speeds from 1/1000 down to 1/30.

--
                                   | Yo, ye pharaohs, let us walk
                       joe jackson | through this barren desert
              e3ujxj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | in search of truth and some pointy boots