[OM] ???Lens w/internal telescoping extension tube????

Subject: [OM] ???Lens w/internal telescoping extension tube????
From: Robert Bund <rbund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 01:09:30 -0400
Hi All,

Just received a lens that's way out of the realm of my experience.
It's a Soligor (sorry) for Olympus, and reads as follows:

 "MC Zoom-Auto F2.5/3.5 f=35-70mm Made In Japan"

This lens has the usual three rings for focus, zoom and f-stop PLUS a
fourth ring that is labeled MACRO.  This fourth ring requires pressing
a button to unlock it for rotation.  It has markings from 1:8 to 1:2.7
and when rotated, it extends the lens much like a telescoping extension
tube.  I didn't think Soligor was a very good name but the lens seems
very solidly built and the action of the controls is quite smooth.

Has anyone heard of this beast and if so, how bad (or good?) is it?

Thank you,
-Bob-