[OM] OM-2SP / Winder 2 problem

Subject: [OM] OM-2SP / Winder 2 problem
From: Richard Ross <rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 16:58:56
Well, I've been playing with my new toys this morning.  The 16/3.5 is,
well, interesting! I'm sure I'll be able to put it to good use, but I'll
need to think about it....

anyway, there seems to be a strange problem with one of the OM2SP bodies;
with the Winder 2 attached, the shutter doesn't open. Everything else
appears correct - the shutter fires properly from the manual release, but
using the winder release the mirror goes up and the film winds on okay, but
the shutter doesn't open. It fires, but both curtains seem to run at once.
A flashgun fires too. Also, occasionally the meter seems to "freeze" and I
need to move the switch to "reset" in order to unfreeze it. This again only
happens with the winder - when the camera shutter release is used,
everything's fine (even with the winder still attached). The other body is
fine, so it's the camera rather than the winder. I would guess it's an
electrical rather than mechanical problem - I've searched the archives to
no avail, does anyone have any suggestions please?  Thanks :-)

O, I picked up yet another lens this morning too (I've got it bad at
present...)  A 24/2.8, mint- in case with hood, for 75 pounds. It's a SC,
H.Zuiko one, but in that condition and at that price I couldn't pass it up.
Six months guarantee too. Most 24s I've seen lately have been 90-130
pounds. So that fills the gap between the 21 and 28.

Lastly, thanks for the kind words Charlie - I've just changed from the
digest to the "real time" list which is why this reply's a bit out of
sequence! You're right, I do appreciate the OM kit for what it is - a
beautifully engineered system with a unique "feel".

Cheers
Richard