[OM] Kodachrome 64

Subject: [OM] Kodachrome 64
From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:25:00 -0500
Carsten:

Most people here in the US might not know that you can buy Kodachrome 64
with processing in Europe.  However, I am surprised to see your prices.  I
thought I had seen KC64 still for about DM 15 with processing at Saturn and
Karstadt in Germany.
Why do you have your slides mounted?  The Kodak cardboard mounts are weak
and don't live up to high quality 35mm projection (Leitz or Rollei
projector).  I use thin Hama CS mounts with a little cutting & mounting
device which lets you get 36 slides into mounts in 10 minutes.  For lecture
slides and for shipping I use glass mounts (GEPE).

Gruss aus Vermont,

Jan
Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx

P.S.:  Sorry, No OM content. But hey we all need to use film ;-)!
=========MESSAGE RESPONDED TO:
Hi,
....I decided to use Kodachrome during my coming holiday trip to Grenada.
However I am 'shocked' by the price difference regarding only film
development (DM 12,-) and ready assembled as slides (DM 25,-)....
What causes this high price?
Thanks, Carsten