Re: [OM] Olympus EC-2?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus EC-2?
From: S B TEOH <et@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:39:53 +0800
Hi Steve, I am new to the list and have been just reading the many
interesting comments about OM gear.
 I have an ECR which was released in 1972 one year after the EC2. It is very
much the same as the EC2 except that the light sensor was transfer from the
view finder section to the front of the lens barrel. Here are some details:

E.Zuiko lens: 42mm f2.8 (5 elements E=5) Filter size: 43.5mm
Shutter: Seiko electronic shutter (4sec - 1/800sec). Will not work without
batteries.
Power Source: 1.4v (I'm using Panasonic NR52)
Finder: 0.7x magnification, yellow low shutter speed warning, green flash
indicator lamp.
Flash: Automatic switching when flash is attached.

The 35EC marks the beginning in 1970 of a series of electronic shutter
compact 35mm cameras. Followed by EC2, ECR and lastly, the ED in 1974.