Re: [OM] Challenge

Subject: Re: [OM] Challenge
From: "marc simon" <marc.simon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 20:23:24 +0100
Hi Denton,
you wrote> Ken can correct me if I'm wrong but he was referring to a person
who might need >to shoot grip-and-grin Monday, sports Tuesday, fashion
Wednesday, and a wedding on
>Saturday. For that you need a versatile modern tool, because you will be
competing with >those that are using them. Show up with an OM1 and T32 and
you better be _real_ good! >Sure, we all aspire to create art and do nothing
but hang shows in galleries and publish >books. For that, we can use our
old-fashioned cameras. For someone who aspires to work >on the commercial
level, they don't cut it anymore...

you are right about that: a friend of mine who is a free-lance press
photographer, in order to stay competitive have put his film cameras "in a
drawer" and works only in digital so he could immediately send his pictures
to the newspaper trough a phone line in this case "Time is really Money !"
if he arrive second he cannot sell his pictures...
On this subject of digital cameras the Olympus prototype I've seen at the
Photokina looked more like a "technical" studio camera than a field one but
who knows ?
regards
marc