Re: [OM] high eyepoint?

Subject: Re: [OM] high eyepoint?
From: "Damon S Raphael (W7MD)" <w7md@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:44:04 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Soenke Jansen <SoJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, October 14, 1998 9:40 AM

>Damon S Raphael (W7MD) wrote:
>
>>  The OMs have a large apparent viewing image which is great if you do not
>> wear glasses.  With glasses it is hard to see the image corners.
>
>Hi Damon
--snip--
>So far so fine but now I have another problem: everything is perfect in
>landscape-format but in portrait-format the corrective cylinder is 90
degrees
>(=max) off. So probably I'll end up with a stiff neck from tilting the head
for
>portraits.
>Hope this helps,
>Soenke, Hamburg

I have the same astigmatism problem.. That is why I prefer to wear my
glasses which I push up tight aginst my finder.  I do sometimes use an
eyecup but the silicon rubber is highly abrasive.  I have ruined several
pairs of glasses this way..rubbing off the coatings but the damage to my
glasses is worse when I do not use the eyecup.  The main problem with the
eyecup when wearing glasses is that the thickness of the rubber keeps my eye
even farther backward aand makes it still harder to view the image corners.
.  Lately, I have been using the built in correction on the OM4T which is
not quite negative dioptar enough and putting up with blurry astigmatized
(is that a real word?) image.
--Damon