Re: [OM] Winder 1 too Winder 2 ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder 1 too Winder 2 ?
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 22:22:20 +0200
Konrad Pizzuto wrote:

> Regarding the Winder 1 - 2 conversion:
>
> I came upon this idea whilst deliberating.  As I understood the
> modification, its a case of shorting two points on the circuit.  This
> gives sequence mode instead of single mode.  Great!  So how about having
> both.  Instead of shorting the two points on the circuit, solder two
> thin neat pieces of wire, and connect a switch to them.  Next, find a
> convenient place to put the switch in (perhaps a slider switch 1 pole 1
> way), cut a slot in the winder somewhere, place the switch and screw in
> a tightening flange.  Make sure the wires do not get caught in the gear
> wheels or drive etc and that's that.
>
> I haven't tried it ( and I sure won't take any responsibility for it!!)
> but in my logic, it should work.  If anyone has tried it.... let us
> know.
>
> regards
>
> Konrad Pizzuto

Hi Konrad,

You understand it correctly.

I have not tried the switch variation you suggest, but it should work.
However, it might be difficult to find a sufficiently small switch.
There really is not much space left in there.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"