Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #551

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #551
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:49:45 +0800
----------
> From: Terry and Tracey <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #551
> Date: Monday, October 12, 1998 8:12 PM
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >What happens when infinity isn't infinity?? i.e. I've got the focus
> >barrel at infinity but the split microprism isn't "joining up"??
>
> What lenses? Some longer focal lengths focus beyond infinity, to
compensate
> for changes due to temperature.
>
> Someone posted that the microprism isnt as accurate as the matt.
>
> Foxy

Yes, the microprism isn't as accurate as the matt, but it doesn't mean it
will not give you "seems" right focus, you will get split image matched if
your system is in focus. Another way to check your focusing system is to
take a picture at close focusing distance, at 45 degrees to a newspaper
placed flat on table with focus at the center position. Check the print to
see if the focus is right or shifted. There is also a simple checking
method on my site that can verify your camera's focus system:

http://www.asiaonline.net.hk/~chling/focus.htm

C.H.Ling