Re: [OM] Turning filter rings

Subject: Re: [OM] Turning filter rings
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 12:23:58 -0700
You may want to give some consideration to making only the 55mm adapter
ring, then fitting a very inexpensive 49 - 55 mm step-up (step-down) ring
for those 49mm accessory lenses.  You'll never see the additional mm of
offset, and can adjust it out if need be.  I don't know how your adapter
mounts to the bellows lens hood (adjustable shade??), but mine has a large
beveled disc that is secured by a single set screw.  If you set this screw
loose, then let the shade rotate as you change apertures (with the 40mm),
its very easy to counter-rotate the shade back into position.  It is more
than a tad inconvienent.  For the rest of your optical ensemble, it will
work very nicely.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".