Re: [OM] Polarizers

Subject: Re: [OM] Polarizers
From: "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 06:54:45 -0700
Christopher Biggs wrote:
BTW, it does not sound like a dumb question at all.

If the circular polarizer only passes light on a certain plane and then
a 1/4 wave disrupter rescrambles the light, it kind of sounds like an
expensive UV filter.  You still end up with scrambled light like you
started with minus the UV.  Enlighten me, where am I missing the boat
with this definition ?