Re: [OM] Polarizers

Subject: Re: [OM] Polarizers
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 17:07:35 +1000
There was a thread on this a while back (try the archives). I remember a few
people (Kennedy etc) providing a lot of technical comment.

Basically, if the camera internals put the light through a mirror for
metering (4, 3, 4Ti, 3Ti) the measured value will be wrong with a normal
polariser due to the polarised light going through the mirror. A circular
polariser would be the go. OTF auto would be fine with a normal polariser as
there is no intermediate mirror during exposure.

The OM-1 &  2 can use either.

Foxy