Re: [OM] olympus filters with 21mm f2

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus filters with 21mm f2
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 18:50:57 -0700
On 7 Oct 98, at 20:33, John Petrush wrote:

> To answer your question, Stuart - I actually have tried fitting a step-up,
> or is that a step-down??, ring to my 21mm lense, er lenz, er, um... lens, a
> 62mm one.  Nope, no vignetting there!  Trouble is it is a linear polarizer,
> so its (or should that be it's - tis so challanging to be GC anymore these
> daze)  usefulness is a bit limited with the OM-4. But still, for certain
> applications, or anytime on the trusty OM-1n, it works well.

I assume you mean that it is useless in manual or spot mode on the 4T,
right? But in OTF, it should work fine?
I've been using linear Hoya PLs on my 4T without considering this problem.
Or is it only significant with slide film? Any idea how much error can be
expected?

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright