Re: [OM] List Archives updated (+misadventure)

From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 20:22:07 -0700
On 5 Oct 98, at 0:24, PCACala@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Shawn and others:
>
> > The new threaded archives are now complete up to Sep 30.
>
> Great effort, Shawn!!  Even if there is a bug here and there.  Nothing is
> perfect, not even OM.
Thanks.

> While you were fiddling with indexing and archiving (and perhaps trying to fix
> some of your camera gear?), I had an interesting experience photographing.  I

Actually, I spent the day removing a room full of old computer gear so I can
have space to organise my camera stuff... :-)

> finally took a hike liberated from the camera vest!!!  Carrying an IS-10DLX
> and a "baby" Tiltall, I scrambled up a near cliff to check out the high
> elevation seep I had previously only close encountered through a 350mm Zuiko.
> The reduction in weight sans 7 Zuikos, 2 OM bodies and a Bogen left me
> thinking I could fly. . . . but I got vertigo trying to come back down.  My
> hiking partner had to come up and guide me through way too many foot and hand
> holds.  That never happened to me before.  It was a bit easier once I was
> relieved of the tripod.  Thank goodness I didn't have more camera gear or I
> don't think I could have faced the slopes, let alone kept my balance.
>
> Another weekend misadventure.  BUT, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures
> from one of the best vantage points I've been at in along time.  Hopefully the
> IS-10 was up to the task.  I used it in depth of field maximizing mode and in
> aperture priority mode, so the funky autofocusing shouldn't ruin anything,
> even though it tried its best to be unfriendly!

Sounds like fun; an IS is still a possibility one day, although they seem
pretty scarce around here.

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright