Re: [OM] List Archives updated (+misadventure)

From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 00:24:25 EDT
Hi Shawn and others:

> The new threaded archives are now complete up to Sep 30.

Great effort, Shawn!!  Even if there is a bug here and there.  Nothing is
perfect, not even OM.

While you were fiddling with indexing and archiving (and perhaps trying to fix
some of your camera gear?), I had an interesting experience photographing.  I
finally took a hike liberated from the camera vest!!!  Carrying an IS-10DLX
and a "baby" Tiltall, I scrambled up a near cliff to check out the high
elevation seep I had previously only close encountered through a 350mm Zuiko.
The reduction in weight sans 7 Zuikos, 2 OM bodies and a Bogen left me
thinking I could fly. . . . but I got vertigo trying to come back down.  My
hiking partner had to come up and guide me through way too many foot and hand
holds.  That never happened to me before.  It was a bit easier once I was
relieved of the tripod.  Thank goodness I didn't have more camera gear or I
don't think I could have faced the slopes, let alone kept my balance.

Another weekend misadventure.  BUT, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures
from one of the best vantage points I've been at in along time.  Hopefully the
IS-10 was up to the task.  I used it in depth of field maximizing mode and in
aperture priority mode, so the funky autofocusing shouldn't ruin anything,
even though it tried its best to be unfriendly!

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV