Re: [OM] carrying cameras on bikes

Subject: Re: [OM] carrying cameras on bikes
From: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Volkhart Baumgaertner)
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 15:16:19 GMT
Yo,

on Sun, 4 Oct 1998 10:57:18 +0000, Simon wrote:

>I'm going to buy a Mju-2 (Stylus Epic) for casual stuff/mountain bike etc,
>not sure I'll take to the automation...

I've been thinking about getting one of those myself, for 2 reasons: it is
even more compact than my Stylus Zoom, and, as nice as the zoom is in a
compact camera that does not take interchangeable lenses, I find it
frequently lacks speed (I think fully extended, at 70 mm, it's something
like f11). This will have to wait, though, as right now I am about to get an
XA with A16 from a member of this list, pick up my OM-2 from John H. who has
it for an overhaul, and get some other, smaller Oly items, so my finances
will take some time to recover. I don't think I'll use the XA as a pocket
camera while motorcycling, though, as it lacks the weather protection
feature which IMHO makes the Mju/Stylus models ideal for this purpose (if
only they made one that would allow more user control instead of doing
everything automagically - sigh!).

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--