[OM] carrying cameras on bikes

Subject: [OM] carrying cameras on bikes
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 10:57:18 +0000
Volkhart wrote:

>If there are
>more bikers on this list - where do you carry your cameras when riding, and
>how do you protect them?

I have a small holdall, which I line with bubblewrap, a fleece or jersey,
and put the few items I usually take on this.  Usually socks are used to
separate items like lenses which might rub on each other, and the bag is
bungeed to the pillion seat, with a cargo net over the top.  Of course, this
is no good for grab shots. On short journeys I have been known to put the
body & 2 lenses in my rucsack, but the fear of permanent spinal injury in
the event of a crash is always there (eek!).

I'm going to buy a Mju-2 (Stylus Epic) for casual stuff/mountain bike etc,
not sure I'll take to the automation...

Simon E.