Re: lens hoods was [OM] Silver lens Rim

Subject: Re: lens hoods was [OM] Silver lens Rim
From: "lion1" <c1000s@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 20:17:35 -0500
<<Even so, I see no reason why the major manufacturers couldn't have
made simple (i.e., no bellows) dedicated rectangular hoods for their
lens offerings. I believe some list members once pointed out that
rectangular hoods are or used to be available from a third party
source although I can't recall the actual source.>>

I have the AMBICO system. It was not very costly and it is a bellows type.
You can get an adapter for many sized threads and it is marked for the focal
length.
The one I have is for 35mm and 645 format.  I use it for studio type work
with 645.
It is no good for 6x6.  There is another one for that.
I am sure it is still in the B&H ads in Shutterbug.
I made some cool filters and vignettes for it.

Have Fun,
Charlie Loeven