Re: [OM] Battery for OM-1n

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery for OM-1n
From: P2CON@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 15:06:36 EDT
In a message dated 98-10-02 06:43:15 EDT, Roger D. wrote:

<< Which is the best option for OM-1n replacement batteries in order to ensure
 proper functioning of the metering system? ----- big snip---->>

Hi Roger: I just recently, (early August) put a #675 zinc-air battery in my
OM-1n. So far I have only put one roll of film thru it, but it is still alive
and well after almost two months and the pics from the first roll were as well
exposed as any from this camera. That first roll was print film so now I have
a roll of Elite II - 100 in it to see if the exposures will be as good.  I
just bought a pack of the zinc-air batteries and then went to the local
hardware store and found a neoprene O-ring the right size to act as an adapter
to bring the diameter of the battery up for a proper fit in the battery
chamber. It works great, and I'm thinking anything over two months life with
the zinc-air batteries makes them very cost effective. My local Costco store
sells them in a pack of 18 for $10.

Regards,  Paul Connet