[OM] Battery for OM-1n

Subject: [OM] Battery for OM-1n
From: "Roger Davies" <rdavies@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 11:35:13 +0100
Which is the best option for OM-1n replacement batteries in order to ensure
proper functioning of the metering system?

The #675 zinc-air batteries are relatively inexpensive (adapter + 4
batteries for $10), but the Olympus OM SLR FAQ says that they "constantly
leak current from the moment they are exposed to air" (actually, it says
this about "lead-air" batteries, but I think it should read "zinc-air").
Does that mean that they will discharge even when the meter is switched off?
If so, how long will they last?

Another option is the silver 76 battery adapter from C.R.I.S. Camera
Services, but this costs nearly $30!

Roger Davies