Re: [OM] E Bay technique [Potential OM content]

Subject: Re: [OM] E Bay technique [Potential OM content]
From: "Marco" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 30 Sep 98 22:34:28 +0200
On Mer, 30 set 1998 16:46, Pauls0627@xxxxxxx <mailto:Pauls0627@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
>Speaking of E-bay, I thought it was interesting that there is a guy who
has
>an
>OM-4T top cover, OM-4T bottom cover, and on OM-(1,2,3,4) back for sale.
>Are we
>at the point where these things are worth more if we strip them for parts,
>like a stolen car?

dunno, but it is sure you can get more money on ebay or the like if you
sell apart all you can. FI you can sell on different ads a body, a 50 1.8
lens, 1 49mm cap, one rear cap, one bodycap, one IB, one box (empty), one
strap, one shoe, one filter, one bag bottom, one bag cover, an so on. It is
likely you'll get at least $5 even for the most tiny item, while your body
price shall not suffer too much. That is to do expecially when you have say
a bumped filter ring lens on a mint- body. If you try to sell together you
are likely to get less for both than for the body only...

Once I saw an ad of a guy who asked $100 for a 180 2.8 box & papers...

Marco