[OM] E Bay technique [Potential OM content]

Subject: [OM] E Bay technique [Potential OM content]
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 13:49:54 -0700
>From: WKato@xxxxxxx
>
>What is the best technique for getting the lowest price on E bay?

I use two different techniques.

If it's something I'd kinda like, but don't have my heart set on, I place
my highest bid when I first see it, and vow to never look at it again. If I
win, I win. I've had some suprising success with this.

If it's something I have my heart set on, I do not bid until the final 30
seconds of the auction. (I've synchronized my computer's clock with a GPS
receiver, and I have the bid all ready, only having to press the "Place
Bid" button, or whatever its called.) On first sighting, I mail myself a
copy of the posting, and check it daily, and use that time to research
other prices and look in other venues for the item. This both serves as
emotional detachment, and in a couple cases, I've found better deals than
the current auction price, and don't have to wait until the end.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229