[OM] quality of instruction manuals (Non-OM contents)

Subject: [OM] quality of instruction manuals (Non-OM contents)
From: "Jim Terazawa" <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 14:30:21 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jim Terazawa)
Let me throw in my 2 cents.

Generating any manual is no easy job, especially translating into other
languages is compounded amount of task, effort and financial burden.

One might argue why not hire professional technical translating agencies with
computer power.  May be it is not as financially burdensome for companies
such as sony or toyota, who have vast product lines all over the world.
Olympus is not a really large company with lots of financial muscles although
their market share of medical video endoscope is somewhere in the 90% range
world-wide.

Regards,
Jim Terazawa