[OM] Re: OM-2n settings

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2n settings
From: wiliam.wagenaar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:46:25 +0100

Joel asked:
-----
>Oly Shooters:
>
>I lack a manual for my OM-2n.
>
>1) The "Check:Reset" setting clearly allows one to check the batteries.
>What is "reset"?
Reset is used when battery goes empry and mirror locks up beacuse of that.
Replace battery and press reset. The mirror will unlock.
>2) The proper setting to achieve OTF/TTL flash is auto, I believe. I have
>apparent success with my Vivitar 4600 with dedicated module for Olympus.
This is correct.
>I'm curious as to what should happen if one uses the manual setting with
>flash?
On manual you have to let the flash decide on the amount of light it needs
for the correct exposure. I alsoe believe that with non-OM flashes you have
to manually select 1/60 or longer.
>At 1/60 at F11 in auto I get a TTL flash exposure of such duration that
the
>flash must recycle for about 5 seconds before the ready light is on.  With
>the same settings but on manual, the flash requires almost no recycling
and
>is instantly ready.  Why is this?
I think this is caused by two different meterings. On AUTO/TTL you also
include the aperture, which can be set at any value. If on manual your
flash has to meter the exposure by itself. Maybe it is not set to the same
aperture (and ASA) as your camera.
>Thanks for any help with these questions.
>
>Joel
No thanks, hope this helps,
Wiliam