[OM] Rover again/Brit malaise

Subject: [OM] Rover again/Brit malaise
From: "Richard Dale" <Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 13:57:12 +0000
Rover could have sown up the world 4wd market years ago, thats why Honda
wanted them, thats why BMW wanted them, however the boss of BMW called Land
Rover quality a "disgrace". Surely the Rover guys there must have known it!
Maybe don't admit it in public but at least admit it to yourself. Honda
have since developed their own 4WD, BMW are developing one of their own,
Merc is cleaning up with their latest offering.

Thats a psychological trait the brits have admitting to themselves there is
a problem, I would like to see politicians do it, but they would fear loss
of credibility, so they cover up.

Like Mr Blair's y2k bug buster fiasco. Why can't he say yes we recognise
its not going well and we are taking steps to remediate, instead he's
making excuses.

Maybe the brits are too judgemental/dismissive "thats a load of cr*p" being
a favourite expression.

De Bono for PM.

OM - anyone know of a T8 for sale, I know olympusguy may have one coming
in.

Richard